Church Behavioral Covenant Example
We recognize that we are a diverse group of believers holding differing viewpoints. We are, however, united in our belief that God wants us to love God, one another, and ourselves: To that end, we hereby covenant both individually and as a Session, Board of Deacons, and Congregation to embrace the following peacemaking behaviors both in our church life and in our everyday life:
- Make Positive Statements and Say What We Want to Do
- Be Focused Towards Our Goals
- Recognize That All Voices Are Equal, Because God Is Personal but Never Private.
- Keep Our Communications and Interactions Sacred, and as a Body, Keep Christ as the Center.
- Listen to What Jesus Is Telling Us to Do.
- Not Accept Intimidation as a Behavior in Any Form.
- Exercise Patience, Gracefully Express Impatience and Agree to Stay Together in Community for the Good of the Body of Christ.
- Be Open to Suggestion from All People.
- Encourage Open, Honest, Graceful, and Face to Face Discussion, Where All Ideas Are Valued and Respected.
- Encourage All Voices, Particularly the Quiet among the Body.
- Provide a Safe, Non-judgmental and Sacred Space
- Embrace and Appreciate Silence.
- Forgive and Be Forgiven.
- Recognize the Humanity and Error in All of Us.
- Lead by Example.
We Hereby Covenant to Follow These Behaviors and Hold Each Other Accountable for Them.
[Created on 06/30/2007]